Arduino Based MPPT Charge Controller | Alternative energy |renewable energy sources | clean energy
What is Mppt ( Maximum power point tracking)?
- 1 What is Mppt ( Maximum power point tracking)?
- 2 How MPPT works? Why 150W solar panel does not equal to 150 w?
- 3 Specification of the project1.This project is Based on MPPT (Maximum power point tracker) algorithm
- 4 Electrical specifications:1.Rated Voltage= 12V
- 5 Model of Arduino Based MPPT Algorithm Charge Controller | Alternative energy
We use MPPT algorithm to Extract the maximum available power from the Photovoltaic module under certain conditions. MPPT is a Most Popular tool that helps us to use Solar Energy (Renewable Energy Source) in an efficient way. If we want to Reduce the Graph of Carbon footprints then we must need to move towards clean Energy which is called Renewable Energy ( Energy we can get from Natural resources) Like SOLAR, HYDRO, WIND e.t.c otherwise we will directly move toward Global Warming.
How MPPT works? Why 150W solar panel does not equal to 150 w?
Specification of the project
1.This project is Based on MPPT (Maximum power point tracker) algorithm
2. LED indication to show the low mid and high level of charge stat
3. LCD (20×4 character ) display for displaying power,current,voltages etc
4. Lightning /Overvoltage Protection
5. Protection For Reverse power flow
6. Overload & Short Circuit Protection
7. Logging data through WiFi
8.Charge your Cellphone, tablets any gadgets through USB port
1.Rated Voltage= 12V
2.Maximum input current = 5A
3.Load current support up to =10A
4. Input Voltage = Solar panel 12 to 24V
5.power of Solar panel = 50 Watts
- Resistors ( 3 x 200R ,3 x330R,1 x 1K, 2 x 10K, 2 x 20K, 2x 100k, 1x 470K )
- TVS diode ( 2x P6KE36CA )
- Arduino Nano
- ( ACS712-5A ) Current Sensor
- Buck Converter ( LM2596 )
- Wifi Module ( ESP8266 )
- LCD display ( 20×4 I2C )
- MOSFETs ( 4x IRFZ44N )
- MOSFET driver ( IR2104 )
- 3.3V Linear regulator ( AMS 1117 )
- Transistor ( 2N2222 )
- Diodes ( 2x IN4148 , 1 x UF4007 )
- Capacitors ( 4 x 0.1 uF, 3 x 10uF ,1 x100 uF ,1x 220uF)
- Inductor ( 1x 33uH -5A )
- LEDs ( Red, Yellow, Green )
- Fuses ( 5A)
Model of Arduino Based MPPT Algorithm Charge Controller | Alternative energy
Read This Article: Learn How to Setup the Wifi Module ESP8266 by Using Just Arduino IDE
- Go and Sign Up in https://thingspeak.com/
- Make a New Channel and write “Solar Panel Data” in Field 1 and leave other fields blanks and save it.
- You will Get API key, Copy that Api Key and Paste in Source Code.
“Do not forget to install all the necessary libraries before uploading the code to Arduino Nano ” If you found any difficulty while making this project so don’t hesitate to ask first we are here to help you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week 24/7 thanks